top of page

Council tax reduction

If you're struggling to pay your council tax, you might be able to get the amount you have to play reduced. You won't be eligible for a council tax reduction if you, or you and your partner, have more than £16,000 in savings, unless you get the guaranteed part of Pension Credit. 

You apply for a council tax reduction through your local authority. You will need to provide information about your household, income, rent and savings or capital.

For more information, or for help claiming benefits, please get in touch with our benefits team. We provide initial information and advice to everyone. We provide members of the Sheffield ME and Fibromyalgia Group with more detailed advice, casework and representation. 


Tel: +44 114 253 6700

bottom of page