Personal Independence Payment

Funded by:

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is a benefit you can claim to help cover additional costs relating to a long term health condition or disability.


You can claim PIP if you are over 16 and under your state pension age. If you are under 16 your parent or someone who looks after you can claim Child Disability Living Allowance on your behalf. If you are above your state pension age you can claim Attendance Allowance. 

You can claim PIP while working, and PIP does not count as income so it won't affect any other income-related benefits you claim. 

How PIP is assessed

How to make a claim for PIP

How to challenge a PIP decision 

For more information, or for help claiming benefits, please get in touch with our benefits team. We provide initial information and advice to everyone. We provide members of the Sheffield ME and Fibromyalgia Group with more detailed advice, casework and representation. 


Tel: +44 114 253 6700

Sheffield ME and Fibromyalgia Group.


The Circle

33 Rockingham Lane


S1 4FW


Phone: 0114 2536700

Registered Charity: 1095416

Quick Links


Get involved




© 2020 Sheffield ME and Fibromyalgia Group  Registered Charity Number 1095416 |  Terms of Use  |   Privacy Policy

The inclusion of information of any kind on this website does not imply a recommendation or guarantee of accuracy. Nor are any views or comments necessarily those of the Group. Before embarking on anything different or new, you are advised to discuss this with your doctor.